Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Twitter, Facebook, Blogger oh my!

So I'm still searching for a new job. Had some good news about the former employer possibility, but won't start until next week at the earliest. Had a contractor call about a possible position, so hopefully I'll get an interview. I spent yesterday getting back into the swing of searching, did some work around the house, etc. I must say, though that even in the five weeks that I was on the contract position, I have come to see the possibilities of Twitter, Facebook, and blogging. Not as money-making propositions-not even sure how that would work with Twitter-but as easy ways to keep in touch with people. I follow about 20 people on Twitter and I doubt I'll ever meet half of them, but I still like to see what they are doing. There are other sites that are more useful for finding leads and contacts for work such as LinkedIn and even those sites keep me connected to many people. But here's the thing-you can spend all day on these sites if you're not careful and take a break. Someone like me who sees a tweet, a post, a link, or a blog that has interesting information can send me on a search through Google or through Wikipedia and eat away the hours.

No comments: