Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holidays vegan-style

I am happy with my ability to make it through the holidays without many issues related to my vegan lifestyle. I am a bit surprised how little I missed foods I used to chow down in large quantities in previous years. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, cookies, hot chocolate, Christmas candy, etc. all used to be on the menu.

This year, I basically ate the same things I've been eating the last few months. Italian sausage seitan with sautéd orange and yellow peppers, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes in brown and wild rice or small servings of spaghetti is my current mainstay meal. I also started having small vats of salad with black beans, corn, and pineapple with a touch of balsamic vinigrette. I've been finding more variety in my lunches and dinners, which has really helped hone my palate and get me thinking about other ways to prepare simple meals. I'm excited to see what else I can create in the new year.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: