Friday, July 18, 2008

Dr. Horrible and The Dark Knight

I posted this on the Galactica Watercooler forums. It seems to fit my mood right now:

So I'm re-watching Dr. Horrible Acts I & II (on iTunes) and I just got home from seeing The Dark Knight (10 am showing).

These two works are so far apart in the spectrum of superhero entertainment that I'm worried that my head might explode! Yet, both Dr. Horrible and TDK are in their own way some of the best entertainment (not just sci-fi) I have seen in many years. I'm 42, so I've seen plenty of good stuff out there.

It seems as though summer 2008 finally gave sci fi fans really good stuff: BSG, Iron Man, TDK, and Dr. Horrible.

As an aside, my wife didn't get it, but my 2-year-old son heard me singing "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" and insisted that he see Act I. He loved it! We had to play the last song at least five times before Mommy thought that was enough for the night. I now play Act I and/or Act II as background music to whatever I'm doing on the computer. I'm breaking into song at odd moments. I love this!

No comments: