Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The holiday lull

The interview I had two weeks ago went well, although they said they wouldn’t have a decision until after the new year. In a way, that was a relief, because I did not have to spend the next few days before Christmas waiting to hear, but now I’m waiting on pins and needles until I hear. We head down to Disney World on the 8th, so if I haven’t heard by then (I hope to and I hope that it is good news), I’ll bring the laptop down to be able to check email, etc. I’ll have my phone, of course, but being able to check email will help, too.

I had a good Christmas and it was nice to spend time with my wife and son. He stayed home from daycare on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, so he was home for 5 days in a row. He got a little off of his routine, but we’ll get him back into it just in time for the trip. When we get back, we’re going to try some changes with him, so we’ve been warning him for a little while now that some things will be different when he gets home.

I’ve done some work on the project I’m doing and done some job searching, although there’s not that much going on at this time of the year. I have applied to a few things, so the search hasn’t completely been suspended for the holidays, but it is going slower. I will ramp up the search quite a bit when we get back home.

No comments: