Thursday, December 18, 2008

Whatever it takes

I applied for a position with the state community college and university system here that required a certified typing test. I took it at the state workforce center nearest me and I passed on the first try (had to do at least 45 word per minutes and I did 48 wpm). I use a combination of touch typing and looking at the keys, even after almost thirty years of typing, but when I’m on a roll, I feel like I’m typing a blue streak. Apparently not, according to the test, but, then again, I type faster when I’m typing as I think, rather than as I read something that needs to be typed. Also, once I get into a groove, I think I’m quicker too.

My interview tomorrow is starting to nervous me up a little bit, but a part of the tension is because the weather is supposed to be bad here. Not as bad as in the southern part of the state, but still, I have to drive across the Twin Cities to get to the interview and then basically drive back during the beginnings of rush hour. It is definitely worth it and I hope that it is the first of many, many times that I make the drive.

No comments: