Monday, June 9, 2008

Strange how things change so quickly

My first post was done in a bit of a funk, not sure what was going to happen with our job searches or what the future would be like. The next day was more of the same, looking for jobs, trying to figure out how to maximize the possibilities. Wondering what would happen and how long it would take. Then on Day 3 of our combined search, my wife gets an offer at the company where she works for a position that she really wanted. So, obviously, she accepted the position. Now comes the strange part of the last two weeks.

My wife had said that if she got an offer soon after I had left my job, we would take a quick trip to Walt Disney World. So rather than try to do job searching, I spend the day working with my wife and her mother (both of my in-laws also came on the trip) to get hotel rooms and reservations on the flight we usually take to Orlando on Sun Country airlines to go down last Wednesday and come back this past Sunday, a nice 5-day trip that would give us a bit of a break before my wife started her new job.

Last Monday and Tuesday, I got ready for the trip and did some searching. Then last Wednesday morning, at far too early an hour, we went to the airport and started our trip, which was fantastic.



Sunday afternoon, we returned tired, but happy. My wife started her new job yesterday and I re-started my job search. So far, it's going all right. I'm a little out of practice and I need to get back into networking mode quickly, but I'm confident that I'll find a job sooner rather than later.

No comments: